The following are the documents needed when a home buyer is applying for an FHA mortgage loan:
- Copy of driver’s license
- Copy of social security card
- Two(2) months most recent bank statements
- Last two (2) years of federal tax returns
- If you are an employee: one (1) month current paystubs.
- If you are self-employed or 1099: two (2) years of federal tax returns and year-to-date P&L.
Aside from this, the buyers credit report will be reviewed along with their debt-to-income ratio.
Other pertinent documents will be required, but these are the initial, most important documents to get the FHA mortgage approval process started.